Last updated on
You all know that I’ve launched a Free Basic SEO course. I’m really really excited for you to join us! And I’m excited for you guys as you get to learn more about SEO and venture into the internet marketing world.
I’ve cooked up this tutorial for SEO starters out there who have no idea what linkbuilding is about or how linkbuilding is done. It is a comprehensive per-lesson series that is packed with tips, tricks, advice, and linkbuilding goodness.
The outline of this Link Building Strategies tutorial will comprise of the following:
- As we start with the link building tutorial series, I’d like to first clarify for those who don’t already know: “what the heck is link building”?
- Now that we’ve reviewed what the heck link building is all about, we next move on to its importance. Why do we need to do linkbuilding? What are its immediate and direct effects on your website Search engine results page rankings?
- Now that we’ve covered the importance of link building, we move on to the next question that most people and webmasters alike have in mind. Are all links treated equally?
- All links come from somewhere. Links have to be from a website to a website. Inbound links are links from another website to yours. We’ve already established the importance of having quality inbound links from quality websites but just what are the attributes of a quality website?
- We’ve talked about link building theories and do’s and don’ts – now we’ll start talking about the dirty work. Just how do you do link building? There are two ways you can do it: Organic and Artificial.
- The first type of link building is called organic link building. This type of link building deals with anything that doesn’t have to do with automated systems and/or practices that are frowned upon by Google and the SEO community.
- Artificial link building isn’t altogether bad but some people exploit automated means to the point of redundantly abusing it until they are regarded as spam. And as such, some of these practices are generally frowned upon by the SEO community at large.
- I’m sure you’ve heard this before – link exchange. Ever had an email asking you to exchange links with them – Giving you the “You scratch my back, I scratch yours” kind of a deal?
You can also check our comprehensive all-in-one guide about Effective Link Building Strategies
These 8 entries will be available for you to read and study on. I hope you get to follow them from start to finish as you know how vital links are to your website’s SEO. Link building is not everything – but it has a HUGE impact to your rankings.
Yes, linkbuilding is a heck lot of work – that’s why you have to do it right. If you’re doing it wrong, it’s gonna waste a lot of your effort and time. And that’s exactly what this tutorial is for – to make sure you’re doing link building right the first time around.
Sean Patrick Si
SEO Hacker Proprietor and Managing Director